The procedure for replacing a probe is identical for an ICO Pool and an ICO Spa.
The pH (blue), conductivity (grey) or ORP (yellow or orange depending on the treatment chosen) probe should be replaced on average every three years. The probes of your ICO are removable, so you can change them very easily without replacing your device. They are available individually on our website Ondilo with the included suitable calibration fluid. After changing the probe, it is necessary to calibrate it.
Steps to change an ICO sensor
Follow the following steps carefully:
- Remove ICO from the water and dry it with a soft cloth.
- Dry your hands carefully.
- Turn on ICO by pressing the remote button in your ICO app.
- Using the blue tool provided in the ICO package, remove the probe to be replaced by turning it towards the open padlock pictogram.
- Then insert the new probe, turn to the right to lock it (padlock closed).
- Finally, align the pictogram on the probe with the one on the ICO box (middle position).
Calibrate your new sensor
When you change a sensor, it is necessary to calibrate it before immersing your ICO in your pool or spa water. Here is the procedure for calibrating a pH or ORP sensor (these instructions are also available on this video) .
- In the ICO application, click on the Remote control button.
- Choose the probe to be calibrated (pH or ORP) and click on the corresponding button. calibration pH or calibration ORP.
- Put the liquid in the pan included in the packaging.
- Stir ICO a bit in the pan to make it easier to take measurements.
- Follow instructions on your screen
- Remove ICO in the water to begin measurements.
If you need to recalibrate the pH probe, please keep the pH 4 solution in the kit.