ICO has three removable sensors: pH, ORP and conductivity. They analyse the water quality of your pool or spa once an hour. It is important to take care of your sensors to keep them working at their best: handling them carefully and calibrating them regularly is the best way to keep them intact. Protecting your ICO sensors during winter storage is also important, and we explain how to do this.
When unpacking, keep the protections of the sensors
When you first unpack ICO , the three probes are protected by black plugs that contain small sponges. During the première utilisation, remove the caps and store them in the packaging box. You can use them again every winter or when you are not using ICO.
Steps to protect your ICO probes in winter:
After winterizing your pool and ICO, you need to protect your probes for the winter:
- Take out the sponges located in each protective cap.
- Moisten them with mineral water (sponges should be damp and not waterlogged).
- Replace the sponges at the bottom of protective caps
- Insert black caps on every sensors
- Screw on the white cover of your ICO.
- You must moisten the three sponges once a month, throughout the winter.