A wireless network extension solution can improve the signal strength next to your pool or spa. This system allows ICO or any other connected object to broadcast its data.
Network scope optimization is required if:
- The Wifi signal is not sufficient to allow ICO to send its measurements.
- You want to enjoy your connected objects and access the internet with a satisfactory connection speed.
Three solutions to optimize Wifi range
- An extension solution (Wi-Fi repeater) to extend the coverage area of your network
- A PLC plug to transmit your internet network via the power network
- A 3G / 4G relay to create another internet network via your mobile.
What are the differences between these solutions?
- The repeater Le principe de fonctionnement d’un répéteur Wi-Fi est assez simple. Il « répète » autour de lui la couverture Wi-Fi de votre box. La zone couverte par votre connexion sans fil est ainsi étendue. Pour optimiser sa portée, le répéteur ne doit être placé ni trop près, ni trop loin de votre box Internet.
- BPL (the broadband over power line) :They allow you to relay your Internet connection throughout your home. This time, the network passes through the electrical installation. All you have to do is connect a PLC box to your box (and to the mains), and another to the wall socket in the place (inside or outside) where you want to connect to the Internet. An Ethernet port provided in each PLC kit allows you to connect your equipment. Some models also include a Wi-Fi chip to connect a tablet or smartphone.
Connect ICO to the wifi extension solution
When you create a Wi-Fi network with your repeater or powerline, you create a second Wi-Fi network in your home. It is very important to name this new network with a different name. For example, name this network "Ext_wifi" in order not to confuse it with the one of the internet box. Then connect ICO to this new network by following the manufacturer's instructions.