If you wish to test the reliability of the measurements of the pH probe of your ICO, a simple test with mineral water allows you to verify it. In this article, you will find our tips for interpreting the results of this test. Don't forget that a probe also requires maintenance.
Mineral water test
Would you like to check the measurements of your pH sensor ?
You can carry out a self-test at home right now using these simple tools 8 steps :
1) The equipment you need (your ICO, a bottle of still mineral water with a pH indicator and a bowl or dish).
2) Remove the ICO from your Pool/Spa, remove the lower part of the ICO and rinse the ICO probes with tap water.
3) Wipe the ICO probes after rinsing with a soft cloth.
4) Pour the mineral water into the bowl or dish.
5) Immerse ICO in the bowl (the probes must be submerged).
6) Restart ICO with the application (check that Bluetooth is connected). Leave ICO in the water for approximately 2 hours.
7) Check that the measurements correspond to the values on the label of your bottle of mineral water.
- You notice a difference between 0.00 and 0.3? ? Your pH sensors works perfectly. You can simply modify target values in your app to reflect this possible differential.
- See a difference between 0,3 et 0,9 ? You must calibrate your pH sensor.
- Beyond a difference of +1, replace your probe
8) Always wipe the ICO probes with a soft cloth and the test will be successful !
Warning: mineral water oxidises when opened, so the water test should be carried out immediately after opening. Otherwise, the pH will tend to rise above the value indicated on your bottle.
You can also follow the steps via our video on YouTube :
Sensors use conditions
ICO probes are guaranteed for two years
The calibration frequency of ICO :
- Seasonal use (swimming pool or spa): calibration once a year at the start of the season.
- Annual use (pool or spa): calibrate your sensors twice a year (every six months).