Regular cleaning of your pool keeps the water clean and healthy and helps you to preserve your equipment for a long time. In this article, you will find all the tips and tricks to adopt the right routine.
Why is cleaning your pool important?
By adopting a weekly cleaning routine, you are acting in advance of water changes. There are only advantages to cleaning your pool regularly: less stress, fewer chemicals needed and real savings on your budget.
Just 15 to 30 minutes of maintenance each week is all it takes to keep the water clear. All you have to do is enjoy your pool!
Follow a weekly cleaning routine
The best way to clean your pool
- Define a maintenance day in the week and set aside 15 and 30 minutes to devote to your pool.
- Start by checking the water level, which should be at 2/3 of the skimmer. If necessary, adjust the water level.
- Check the quality of the water:
- Start by measuring the pH. It should be between 7 and 8. If necessary, use a pH + or pH- corrector to correct the water according to these instructions.
- Check the level of disinfectant (chlorine, salt, bromine) using a suitable strip. If necessary, add your usual product (chlorine tablet, salt liquid, etc.).
- Once a month, check the TAC in addition to pH and disinfectant.
- Visually check the condition of the pool and pay particular attention to the corners and the water line. In case of unusual traces, use the brush to remove the dirt.
- In the technical room, open the valve in the suction position and take your cleaning accessories (brooms, robots, etc.).
- Start your robot or use the vacuum cleaner to clean the bottom of your pool.
- In the equipment room, close the valves and clean the pump's pre-filter.
- Open the valves in the filter position.
- Check the sand filter and clean it meticulously so that the filtration action is really effective.
- If you have a programmer, make sure the timer is set correctly.
- For salt water pools, check regularly that the cell of the chlorinator is clean. Clean it if necessary.
- Clean the skimmer basket.
- Finish your routine by cleaning the edges of your pool.
Taking care of your pool has never been so easier
- The maintenance day function in the ICO application allows you to receive an alert and cleaning tips for your pool.
- ICO measures every hour pH, ORP (the rate of disinfection) and TDS every hour.
- Personalized treatment recommendations with the right product at the right dosage.