The benefits of hot water coupled with the hydromassage of the Spa are well known for their therapeutic effects on the body and mind. In addition to its relaxing properties after a day of work or sport, the spa has a particularly positive impact on our body in winter. A hot water bath restores good blood circulation and the endorphins released by the body in a moment of relaxation will act on your cells and your morale. Discover all the benefits of a spa at home.
5 benefits of the spa
- Improves the sense of well-being
- This relaxing interlude helps to clear the mind and boost energy. The benefits of a spa session can last several days: improved sleep quality, better concentration during the day, fight against anxiety... The spa allows you to be more serene in your daily life. A relaxation session with family or friends can also create a bubble of relaxation that invites serenity.
- Reduces body aches
- L’eau chaude dilate les vaisseaux sanguins et contribue à une meilleure circulation sanguine. Cela permet de réduire les migraines, les courbatures, les rhumatismes, l’arthrite, ou les douleurs de dos. C’est pour ces raisons que le spa est très apprécié des sportifs après un entraînement. Les jets hydrauliques permettent de relaxer les muscles et de dynamiser la circulation sanguine. Cela favorise l’apport en oxygène et en nutriments pour le corps et permet l’évacuation rapide des toxines.
- Enfin, pour les personnes en surpoids, la flottaison permet de travailler certains muscles sans contrainte de la pesanteur.
- Improves skin quality
- Hot water helps to open the pores of the skin and thus allows for a thorough cleansing. The use of salt scrubs helps to remove dead cells and other impurities. Finally, thanks to the hydromassage, the spa helps to fight cellulite: the water pressure firms the skin.
- A rejuvenation cure
- By reducing muscular tension and evacuating stress, the spa allows the cells to age less quickly. Natural defenses are boosted and the skin is more toned. Improved blood circulation allows endorphins to access damaged cells to slow down (slightly) the effects of aging.
- Enhance the benefits of essential oils
- Essential oils can boost the benefits of the spa. Pleasant scent, strengthening of the immune system, or other soothing effects are great when combined with hot water. However, be careful with the dosage of these oils which are very powerful. They should be used with caution.
How to get the most out of my spa?
Studies show that a 20-minute bath - the time it takes to take a nap - is ideal to benefit from all its advantages. Beyond 30 minutes, beware of the risk of dehydration! If you are not lucky enough to live on the edge of a frozen lake to immerse yourself, a quick shower in cool water will complete your session.