Optimize your Wi-Fi connection
Your ICO connects to your home router and sends hourly water analysis data via the ICO cloud, to provide you timely recommendations on how to maintain best water quality on your app. However, it is possible that the signal strength from your pool or spa may not be strong enough to allow satisfactory data transmission. This is why we have selected solutions for you to extend or optimize the range of your network.
Three options for a successful connection:
- An extension solution (Wi-Fi repeater) to extend the coverage area of your network
- A CPL kit to transit your internet network via the power grid
- A 3G / 4G key to set up another internet network via your cell phone.
Who is a Wi-Fi extension for?
Connect your ICO to a Wi-Fi repeater in your home, if :
- The signal isn’t strong enough to handle the amount of information you’re trying to receive, because the speed doesn’t necessarily adapt. To get the same amount of Wi-Fi power everywhere, you need to boost the signal.
- You want to duplicate the range of your Wi-Fi network as far as your garden to take advantage of your connected tools
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DEVICES
The main function of a Wi-Fi extender is simple : it extends the Wi-Fi coverage of your box. To get the most out of your extender its positioning is important. It should not be placed too far away from nor too close to your Internet box. All the available mosels in shops will have different uses.
PLCs or power line carriers let you relay your internet connection throughout your house. The network, this time, passes through the electrical system. You only need to connect a PCL box to your box and to the mains and another to a wall socket in every other room where you want to extend your signal. An ethernet port on every PCL box allows you to connect your equipment. Certain models also integrate a Wi-Fi module to connect a tablet or smartphone.
THE DIFFERENT MODES
With the device mentioned above it is possible to set them up in two different modes according to your needs. There is the extender mode and the AP mode. Here are the differences between the two :
EXTENDER MODE : the device copies and strengthens your existing wireless network. It extends the coverqge as well as the signal strength. Its a mode that fits well in big houses, offices, warehouses or other spaces with a weak signal.
AP MODE or (Access Point) : here, the device is connected through a network cable and then it is converted into an internet access point capable of connecting to multiple devices.