How to treat murky/milky water?
HOW CAN I RECOGNIZE MURKY WATER ?
With murky water you will be able to see white sediment floating in your pool. The water can be in this state as a result of a number of factors.
WHY IS MY WATER MURKY ?
This could be due to problems with limestone, dead amgae, a bad pH or poor filtration.
HOW CAN I IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE WATER ?
To solve the problem, do the following :
- Treat your pool with disinfectant (chlorine shock treatment)
- Increase the filtration time to improve the quality of water.
- Use a coagulant to allow the elimination of particles not filtered out ordinarily.
- Clean your filter at least once a week.
- Check for the presence of algae : shiny and sticky walls as well as murky water. To find out more about algae click here.)
- Check your pH and TH levels are within the norms. If not treat your pool accordingly