How to winterize your pool ?
Advices for winterizing your pool and ICO
Winterizing protects your pool from the cold in the long run and is part of your ICO’s care basic recommendations.
Winterize your Pool
1. The right time ? as soon as the water is < 12°C (54°F) , it’s time to winterize.
2. A clean pool: clean the pool’s interiors surfaces (water line, stairs, bottom) well with a brush. It is the most important part of this operation.
3. Clean the filter: before shutting down for the season, clean and descale the filter.For the sand filter, backwash and rinse (multi-way valve), or if you have a cartridge filter, replace the filter cartridges with new ones.
4. Shock treatment: Add a winterizing product (composed of an algaecide and an anti-limestone) to have a clean and healthy water before resting. Filter the water during 24 hours.
5. Lower the water level by about 1/3 (about 3 to 4 inches below the discharge nozzles).
6. Drain: Drain the pump, filter and all hoses. Close the valve on your filter and the shut-off valves (suction and discharge).
7. Anti-freeze accessories: Remove and clean the skimmer baskets. Install the wintering floats on the diagonals of your pool (to avoid freezing).
8. Remove accessories: Put your pool equipment in a dry and sheltered place (ladder, pump, etc.) and do not hesitate to remove the filter and the pump from your technical room.
9. Winterizing product: Add the product in several places in your pool so that it spreads over the entire surface. It helps to avoid lime deposits, algae and other parasites.
10. Overwintering cover: It is time to protect your pool/spa until the next season.
WINTERIZE YOUR ICO
Your connected device :
- Take ICO out of the water: dry it properly with a soft cloth.
- Open the top cover: press and hold down (5-6s) to turn it off. The LED flashes yellow once. Replace the cover.
- Remove the lower cover of ICO: (turn it to the left a quarter turn and remove it).
- Replace the sensor protections (black caps) delivered with your ICO. Make sure that the sponges are well moistened and placed on the pH and Redox (Blue and Orange/Yellow) sensors.
- Replace the lower cover: store ICO in its protected box away from dust.
Your ICO application:
- Open the application: go to the list of pools and select My pool.
- Access maintenance parameters
- In the wintering section: click on “Wintering of my pool / spa”, then “confirm”.
- Check your pool: winterization is activated if a snowflake appears, your ICO is now on sleeping mode (Data access is temporarily disabled until your pool is turned back on. To reactivate your ICO, click on the snowflake and confirm).